Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Famous Last Words

One of the reasons I am making this blog is to let people know about a way that God has compelled me to serve Him.

So Jesus was this amazing guy. Many people think that he was a really great person, a moral teacher who set an example of how to love people. Then they stop there. But Jesus said that he was the Son of God... if he was just a teacher, that would make him a crazy one. I would definitely walk out of the classroom if my teachers said that.

So if we respect this man's character (which was perfect) and look at the reality of what he said (that He is God in the flesh) and what he did (the way he reasoned with perfection, loved the unloveable, did the miraculous) then we can truly answer his question that he asked the disciples: "But what about you... who do you say I am?" (Mark 8:29-30)

Peter followed Jesus for three years. He saw His life and the focus of His mission, and because of what he saw Jesus do and what Peter knew in his heart, he was able to respond: "You are The Christ."

He is the son of God, who came to change the world through a few ordinary men (Acts 4:13)

The last thing that Jesus wanted us to hear, before he went to heaven wasn't so much a statement as it was a command. He said: "Therefore, go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you always, even to the very end of the age" (Matthew 28:19-20).

Famous last words... I think that Jesus really wanted us to listen to this. I have decided to be kinda crazy and take this literally. Therefore, I will be going.

No comments: